Boat Race prep.
12th April 2015
Boat Race preparations
A quick reminder that yellow buoys will be laid by the PLA on the south side of the river between Chiswick Bridge and the Brewery. These buoys do affect the crossover so please be careful and keep a good look out.
Dates and times leading up to the races.
Thursday 9th April
The river will be closed to traffic as follows:
1500 until 1815 between Fulham Railway Bridge and Hammersmith Bridge
Friday 10th April
On Friday 10th April various activities will be taking place in preparation for the event as outlined here below:
1. 0900 - BBC Rehearsal until approximately 1630
2. 1200 - The Veterans race with accompanying craft
3. 1605 - Osiris Blondie Race
4. 1800 - RNLI alternative Boat Race - The river will be closed to traffic as follows:
17:15 until 18:00 between Chiswick Pier and Kew Railway Bridge
Vessels navigating in the area from Monday 06th April until Friday 10th April should take note of the following:
- Rowing vessels and coaching launches not involved in the races are to avoid obstructing the races and the vessels following;
Saturday 11th April
the river will be closed to navigation from:
1450 until 1820 between Wandsworth Bridge and Kew Railway Bridge
These activities are covered by the following;
NTM U5 of 2015
NTM U6 of 2015
NTM M11 of 2015